Friday, April 6, 2012

Make it your own Challenge

My friend Lori Allred, marketing director for my craft channel asked me if I would participate in the "Make it your own Challenge" put out there by Northridge Publishing
She would give me a scrapbook page out of the new issue of Scrapbook Trends magazine
and then I turn around and create something that was inspired by that page. It could be anything really...a card, craft whatever.

Since I am an interior designer by trade and not a crafter, my inclination was to say "NO WAY"! However, I have a hard time telling my close friends no,
so I said Y-E-S to the challenge.

The scrapbook page I was given was one that involved pennant banners.

Such a hot trend right now in everything I have seen crafty. What on earth could I do with a pennant banner that hasn't already been done?
In true "NICKI" fashion, I came up with a G-R-A-N-D-E idea and after 2 trial runs, scrapped it (no pun intended)! After several more craft *FAILS*, the day before it was due, I came up with the last revision and one that worked...
Are you ready to see what I came up with...


TAAA-DAAA!
REVERSIBLE EASTER PENNANTS
These pretties hang in the two windows that flank my front door and almost act like a valance for these windows. Both sides color coordinate and have cute vintage easter images so I can see them inside my house and visitors can see them through the windows. Pretty fun, right?

I'm working on putting a tutorial together for these so hang tight...more to come!

1 comment:

  1. I really love these! Can't wait for a little more details on how they were made- I can see making some for other holidays too- I have a big collection of digital vintage postcard images too and never quite know what to use them for!

    ReplyDelete